DescrizioneA complete reference solution for writing, for work, for study, because you want to express yourself well, or just for the love of words, the Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 Complete & Unabridged includes over 377,000 synonyms and antonyms, and has been fully updated to include all the latest new words.
What's that word on the tip of your tongue? Want to avoid using tired or ugly words like 'nice' or 'get'? Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 provides hundreds of thousands of related and alternative words to boost your vocabulary. Stuck with your crossword? Let the thesaurus help you find that tantalizing solution to tricky clues.
This is a fully functional trial!
* Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
* Opposites provide you with another way of expressing yourself
* A wide range of Idioms and phrases included
* Related words to help you expand your vocabulary
* Quotations add wit, sparkle and originality
* Illustrative examples from real English show how the entry word is used
* Usage and regional labels to help you identify areas of usage
* Extensive coverage of English as an international language
* 550 Subject word lists add an extra dimension to your vocabulary
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature